The Focus Group
In 2022, the Focus Coaching programme comprised of 14 women from across Africa (and southern France) who participated in:
- A monthly thematic working session with the group (private recording for group members).
- Bi-monthly Office Hours on Thursdays; we have hosted about 8 informal office hours.
- More than 5 Office Hours in French and english.
- Ongoing Telegram group for discussion.
- Application for Rapid Grant to host the #SheSaid drive.
- The Tell Us About Her ISA campaign.
ISA: TELL US About Her
In March 2022, Wiki Loves Women launched the ISA campaign Tell Us About Her for the 3rd year. The drive is aimed at improving the visibility of women working in architecture as well as their works on Wikimedia projects.
The campaign resulted in 2814 images being described by 29 users, who posted 7414 descriptions.
From October 1st to December 31st, 2022, the WLW team launched the #SheSaid drive. This year, 13 communities participated in the campaign resulting in more than 3810 new articles being created and over 1199 improved articles in 11 languages.
Read more about the results here.
Inspiring Open Podcast
The Inspiring Open podcast launched in March 2022 with the release of the first two of 16 episodes featuring female techpreneur Anie Apke and Wikimedia CEO Maryana Iskandar. In the seven months the podcast ran, the website was viewed 10,497 times by 2,498 unique users. The podcast was distributed via the website and across all podcast platforms, and had 750 unique listeners across all platforms. Podcast audio on the website had 314 unique listeners and an event count of 1,800, indicating that listeners returned on average 5,7 times each. The listenership data can be viewed here.